Web Service Introduction
We elected to implement Web Service integration for the following reasons:
- To provide the widest possible support for client development environments, applications and operating platforms;
- To ensure that no software was required to be embedded within the client’s application or web environment;
- To provide a very straightforward method of sending and receiving SMS text messages.
Through using the Web Service, applications can communicate with the SMS Gateway, using the SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) specification. The Web Service has been designed to provide a rich set of functionality to send and receive messages from both applications and web environments.
The following functions can be performed with the integration tools:
- Register and open pre-pay accounts
- Send SMS text messages
- Receive replies to those sent messages
- Check the delivery status of sent messages
- Enable clients to purchase Message Packs for their account
- Receive proactively-sent inbound text messages
- Send premium, charged-for messages
- Reset client passwords and user details